Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to detect because of how slowly hearing loss usually progresses. Although children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you monitor your hearing health?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing examined regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be exposed by everyday situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy environments? Are you frequently cranking up the volume on your TV? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing assessment.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more worthwhile to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will supply a frame of reference for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing tests can discover issues early on, like earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be indicated by hearing loss. If you do have one of these conditions, treating it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Remaining alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully take part in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can better your total quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing test with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.